This Gothic Victorian House was built by Dublin businessman
Charles W. Brantley around the turn of the 20th Century.
Notice the City of Dublin water tower (built in 1904) in the first picture. The house was occupied by the the family of Rev. Graves, long time and popular pastor of First Baptist Church which is located virtually across the street.
The house was located on the site of the present Piggly Wiggly grocery store and
several predecessor stores. It is thought that the house was raised during the mid century
destruction of many of Bellevue's grandest old homes as the city moved
into the modern era.