Lakeside Park on Jeffersonville Road in Macon, Georgia.
Originally founded as the Outing Club by Minnie Davis Scott &
William Alexander Scott, Jr. in the late 1890s on the property
known as McCall's Mill. Mrs. Scott was a granddaughter of
Elezaar McCall, who came to what would become Macon in 1818.
McCall and his brothers Roger and John emigrated from
Lebanon, CT to Georgia to build river boats to run along
the Ocmulgee River. The McCalls purchased several
thousand acres of land when the Macon Indian Reserve East
was sold in the late 1820s.
The Outing Club was renamed Lakeside Park and operated
under the direction of Mr. and Mrs. Scott, until their son,
H. Irving Scott, Sr. and his wife, Margaret S. Scott took over
The amusement park was sold in the early 1950s to the Maxwell
It was closed as an amusement park in the late 1960s.
Capricorn Records executive Phil Walden purchased the
property and staged several musical performances
with the Allman Brothers Reunion being one of the best.