THE ET CETERA CHRONICLES - VOL. 29

 THE ET CETERA CHRONICLES - VOL. 29




THE GALLIMORE TRAIL - Before the first white men settled in our area, one man blazed a trail across the northwestern corner of Laurens County.  The Gallimore Trail appears on the original survey of the land lots of the 22nd Land District.  The trail originated east of Montrose at Turkey Creek where the  the Old Montrose Road, also known as the Chappell School Road or County Road No. 435 crosses the creek.  From the creek the road ran west along the Old Montrose Road crossing the Chappell Mill Road and passing north of Montrose and running into the current day Montrose-Allentown Road (Co. Road No. 388).   The trail was likely named for the progenitor of the Gallimore family who established a mill along Turkey Creek in central Twiggs County.  In 1811, citizens of Laurens County began the work of improving the trail to Bell Springs Road.  Legal Records of Laurens County, 1833-1857, p. 17; Records of the Surveyor General of Georgia, 1807 Land Lottery, 22nd Land District, Lots 239, 243, 296,   


BUCKEYE "SKEETERS" - Dr. Charles Hicks spent 25 years of his life observing the cases of malaria in the southeastern United States and especially in Laurens County.  At the 52nd Convention of the Georgia Medical Association, Dr. Hicks, President of the Association, spoke to his fellow physicians on the subject of geology, mosquitos, and malaria.  A line following a vein of limestone rock forms the dividing line between the occurrence of malaria cases.  A line that runs from Cape Hatteras, N.C., to Texas runs  through the center of the county striking the Oconee River near Dublin.  The line is also characterized as dividing the red clay lands covered with oak and hickory from the light sandy soil lands filled with yellow pines.  Dr. Hicks charted the occurrences of malaria which were confined to the area of cretaceous formation where wells were only 30 to 80 feet deep.  Most of the cases of malaria were confined to the Buckeye District, while no permanent residents of Dublin ever reported a single case of the hemoglobic form of malaria.  Dublin's water comes from 250 to 500 feet deep artesian wells.  The mosquitos of the Buckeye District were of particular interest to Dr. Hicks.  In the western part of the district plain and hemoglobinuric fever was found.  In the eastern part only the plain type occurred.  In the northern part both types were found, but in the south only the hemoglobinuric fever was found.  Dr. Hicks found that many of the early settlers, especially the men along the river flats, died prematurely from malaria.  Those persons living away from the rivers and streams seemed to have a longer life expectancy. Transactions of the Medical Association of Georgia, 1902, MAG, Atlanta, 1902, pp. 171-183. 





THE WILD WEST COMES TO THE RITZ - Captain Jack Lloyd was billed as a premier soldier of fortune.  Captain Jack's exploits had taken him from the Rio Grande to Alaska. It was said that he beat sixty seven men to the draw.  He claimed to have been a Texas Ranger and an Indian scout.  Captain Jack also claimed to have been in the No. 10 Saloon in Deadwood, Dakota Territory, the night Wild Bill Hickock was killed.  Captain Jack spent four days in Dublin during the second week of February, 1940.  The climax of his visit was a special show at the Ritz Theatre on W. Jackson Street where free autographed photos were given to the first 200 kids. Dublin Courier Herald, Feb. 9, 1940, p. 6.

OCEAN ANIMALS AT THE DEPOT -  Dublin had hosted many circuses and wildlife exhibits in the past.  But this traveling exhibit was most unusual.  The promoters mounted several large water tanks on board railroad cars.  The cars were taken all over the country for public exhibition.  The features of the show were a 68 ton whale and several mermaids.  Among the other sea animals were penguins, octopus, and fish. Trained fleas were another feature.  Yes, that's what the advertisement said. Dublin Courier Herald, October 25, 1940, p. 3.

THE SERVICE CENTER - Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Stephens purchased a large section of the 200 block of West Jackson Street in 1944.  Their clothing store, one of the most handsome anywhere around, was located at the far end of the reconstructed buildings.  The buildings were all virtually rebuilt with brick fronts, glass bricks, and plate glass windows.  Stephens leased the lower floors to other businesses.  The upper floor above the main office of the Bank of Dublin, was a 54 foot by 82 foot room with oak floors. The room was used as a club for service men.  The room also featured a fire escape, luxurious cloak rooms, and ample rest rooms.  After the war,  the room was used as the first home of the teen club known as the Shanty. Dublin Courier Herald, Feb. 16, 1946, p. 1.

FRUIT SALAD TREES -  L.E. Harrison of Route Six, Dublin, loved to experiment with his fruit trees.  Harrison had perfected the art of grafting a limb of one tree on to another.  His plum tree which bore red and yellow plums also bore cherries.  A pear tree produced red and yellow apples. He was most proud of his apple tree which bore October hard apples, red apples, and yellow apples. Dublin Courier Herald, July 21, 1941, p. 1.


IT WAS THE STRAWBERRIES - Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Van Meter of New York were teachers of ballroom dancing.  They were also pickpockets.  Mr. Van Meter was charged with the theft of a necklace from one of Atlanta's highest society matrons.  Mr. Van Meter was captured in Albany.  Several days later, while arranging to teach a dance class, Mrs. Van Meter was arrested in Dublin.  She and her husband were returned to Atlanta to face charges.  Mrs. Van Meter vowed to stay in jail until her husband was released.  She refused to eat and began a hunger strike.  After one day she succumbed to a bowl of strawberries and cream.  Van Meter was later charged with dealing in white slavery. Dublin Courier Herald, 6/11 & 6/18, 1914, p. 1.
 
FDR NIXES MILITARY HIGHWAY -  The U.S. Congress, realizing that war with Germany was inevitable, began preparations by appropriating funds for a vast network of super military highways throughout the country.  One such highway was to run through Central Georgia from Swainsboro through Wrightsville.  From there, it would run to Dublin, Jeffersonville, and Macon. Franklin Roosevelt vetoed the bill.  The Interstate system,  which was proposed in the late 1930s, was designed to be used as a system of military roads if the need arose.  Interstate Highway 16, designed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower,  connects the seaport of Savannah  with Fort Stewart and the air base at Warner Robins and the north-south artery of Interstate 75. Dublin Courier Herald, August 7, 1941, p. 1.


Comments

kaylana said…
DR. OWO IS SUCH A GREAT MAN HE SAVE MY BROKEN MARRIAGE OF 9YEARS AND BROUGHT MY EX LOVING HUSBAND WHO WAS LATER WICKED TO ME AND MY CHILDREN BACK TO ME. MY HUSBAND DIVORCE ME AND LEFT THE KIDS TO MARRY ANOTHER LADY AND EVEN BOUGHT A HOUSE FOR THE LADY WHERE THEY LIVED. THEY MOVE OUT OF THE STATE FROM FLORIDA TO TEXAS AND HE NEVER CHECK UP ON US OR EVEN CARE ABOUT US ANY MORE. HE NEVER CALL NOR VISITS FOR A DAY. I HAVE TRIED TALKING TO HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBER HE REFUSE TO LISTEN TO THEM ALL AND HE SAID IT OVER BETWEEN US. SO LUCKILY I GOT INTRODUCED TO DR. OWO BY A FRIEND WHO IS FAMILY IS ALWAYS LIVING IN HAPPINESS OVER 29YEARS OF THEIR MARRIAGE THEY NEVER HAD A MISUNDERSTANDING IN THERE HOME AND I ALWAYS WISH AND TELL HER IF MY FAMILY COULD BE HAPPY AS HER OWN SHE ALWAYS LAUGH AND SMILE AT ME SAYING IT A BLESSING FOR HER. WITH TIME SHE INTRODUCE ME TO DR OWO AND I CONTACTED HIM THROUGH: DROWOHERBS@GMAIL.COM AND TELL HIM MY LIFE STORY THEN HE DID A MIRACULOUS AND MARVELOUS W0RK FOR ME BY CASTING A SPELL FOR ME THAT HELP ME BROUGHT BACK MY LOVING HUSBAND IT 6 YEARS NOW WE ARE LIVING HAPPILY AND MY HEART FULL OF JOY WITH THE KIDS DR OWO IS A GREAT MAN REACH VIA WHATSAPP: +1 (717) 473-7391
Anonymous said…
Hi, I am Laura Christ from the USA. I have just experienced the wonders of Dr. Raypower love spell that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restore their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win the lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people about how he helped to bring ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all I had.. Dr Raypower only told me to smile and have a rest of mind. He will handle it all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i picked the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on the phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to prove his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr Raypower and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world .. Well if you need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr Raypower Via email: Urgentspellcast@gmail.com or Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109 and also see more reviews about him on his website: https://urgentspellcast.wordpress.com/
Eva helen said…
A friend of mine told me he saw some testimonies of a spell caster called DR Owo that he is 100% capable to bring ex back lover within some few days, i laugh it out and said i am not interested but because of the love my friend had for me, she consulted the great spell caster on my behalf and to my greatest surprise after 2 days my husband called me for the very first time after 12 months he left me and the kids that he is missing me and that he is so sorry for every thing he made me went through. He came back to me and now we are happy together. I still can’t believe it, because it is highly unbelievable. Thank you DR Owo for bringing back my lover and also to my lovely friend who interceded on my behalf, for any one who might need the help of this great spell caster here is his email address:drowoherbs@gmail.com
we provide original passports, driving licenses, ID cards, visas, stamps and real and forged documents for the following countries/regions: (EU countries) the United States, Canada and many other countries. We provide you with one of the best services in the world. Most customers have experienced our real, high-quality service.

Buy real registered U.S. passports online
Buy real ID cards online
Buy a registered driver's license online
Buy real resident permit online
Apply for citizenship online
Buy real and fake documents online

WhatsapCONTACT DETAILS/WHATSAPP+1901-878-9747
TELEGRAM=@Passportsservicese
EMAIL ADDRESS………..passportsservices247@gmail.com

Buy real U.S. registered passports online
The list is not complete. If you need any documents, please contact us. We are the best. We assure you and guarantee that you use high-quality documents for 100% real database registration. We are different."
Contact Email:passportsservices247@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +1901-878-9747
Telegram:@Passportsservicese
Website:www.passportsservices
Unknown said…
i am giving this testimony cos l am happy My name is Mrs. Santana Valdez from Houston,taxes.i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once. when i went to Canada in June 28th 2021 this year on a business summit. i meet a man called Dr Zuma zuk.He is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love's gone, misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you, bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job. i'm now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 2 years. i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job. so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him.. at first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. and in 6 days when i returned to taxes, my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married..i didn't believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better. in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help, email address spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com Great Zuma zuk i thank you very much thank you in 1000000 times.. if not you i would have been losted and wasted thank you. Email Him Through his email address... spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com please make sure you contact him for any financial difficulties okay...What a powerful man such as Dr Zuma zuk.. he is so much powerful..\\ email him for any difficulties.. spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com His whatsapp +15068001647
randa said…
HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Owo. I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for 5 year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Lisa who told me about a spell caster called Dr Owo , She gave me his contact: drowoherbs@gmail.com I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle, i couldn't conceive but as soon as the priest pray for me, i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child, My heart is filled up of happiness to share my life marriage and relationship story with you over here. If you need any assistance from him you can contact him via: drowoherbs@gmail.com
SMITH CASH said…
I can't stop thanking Lord Zakuza for helping me bring back my girlfriend that left me for another man at her workplace.. I was shocked when she broke up with me and I needed help but everything I did to recover her back did not work. If not for the intervention of Lord Zakuza who I met online, I wouldn't have gotten back my girlfriend because Lord Zakuza prepared a love spell that brought her back to me within 48 hours. I love my girlfriend and I'm happy getting her back again. Thank you Lord Zakuza and I promise to share my experience with you to everybody so that anyone that needs help in any way can also get help too for you are a good and wonderful man that God has sent to help those who need help.. Below is his contact information just in case you need any help from him.

WhatsApp through +1 (740) 573-9483
Email : Lordzakuza7@gmail.com
CELINE said…
GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK OR YOUR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE RESTORED BACK.

Greatest things I have ever experienced in my life and my broken marriage. and I saw a wonderful testimony of Lisa on a psychic page about the good works of Dr Omokpo. I never believed it, because I have never heard anything about such a miracle before. Nobody would have been able to convince me about it not until dromokpo@gmail.com did a marvelous work for me that restored my broken marriage by getting my husband back to me and leaving the other woman he wanted to marry. as his new wife after fixing their wedding date. I was truly shocked when my husband knelt down pleading for forgiveness for me to accept him back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to Dr Omokpo For his a God sent to me and my Entire family for divine restoration of my marriage. Contact him now for any kind of help via email: dromokpo@gmail.com
Bexuniversal is in affiliation with sony in the sales of play station 5 best buy ps5 and xbox series x ( for sale) which was launches on November 12? November 19 in the UK. Therefore on this page, you’ll find our predictions for the best deals and bundles that we’re expecting to see – and our pro tips on where to when it does hit the shelves at anytime .
We retail and also sell in bulk with delivery worldwide price of ps5 $570
Xbox Series x for $550 Thanks I am JAME from Bexuniversal , we are expecting you on our platform
text/whatsapp:+1(716) 241-1845 wickr cureman
Anonymous said…
I never saw myself doing this months ago, but because I'm happy and want others to find their peace of mind in their matrimonial homes or relationship I decided to share my encounter with Dr Ajayi. I've been married with three kids for 13 years and things were really great with my husband. About 3 years ago my husband started lying, cheating, womanizing outside our marriage and I wasn't comfortable with it, so I stayed one night thinking sleeplessly. I took my phone and was going online when I saw a write up which was titled. PROBLEMS THAT MOST PEOPLE COMMONLY HAVE IN MARRIAGE BEEN SOLVED BY DOCTOR AJAYI. I contacted him and discussed my marriage issues and he concluded that a spell was cast on my husband by another woman" whose husband is no more, so we went through the processes and some incantation was done to free my husband and this made my husband stopped his misconduct in our marriage and now my husband has been on his real self, this testimony is to advise people out there to never break up with their marriage but to look for solutions in the right places. you can contact Dr Ajayi on Whatsapp / Viber :+2347084887094 Or Email : drajayi1990@gmail.com for a lasting solution.