IMAGES OF OUR PAST - GREATEST GOLFER OF ALL TIME

 She has more tour victories of any golfer in the history of the world.  Not even Sam Snead, Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, or Tiger Woods can match the world record high of 88 tour victories.  Kathy Whitworth, who died today, is the world record holder.  

Few people, with the exception of June Adams - the holder of the lowest round among female golfers at the course, will remember the day when Kathy Whitworth came to the Dublin Country Club on March 4, 1965  to give some pointers and help sell Wilson Sportingoods. Kathy brought along Carol Mann, who won 38 tour matches, including two major champtionships.


Kathy Whitworth



Carol Mann






Whitworth and Mann gave local golfers a 45-minute clinic and then joined Jeanelle Lovett and Mary Birdsong in what was the greatest foursome of women golfers to play on the course of the Dublin Country Club in its 100 year history.







Comments

Great article. I remember the day of her visit to Dublin very well. Thanks for posting this.
Pam said…
Opportunities are very rare these days because of the high rate of spamming existing on the internet right now but when we find those that are legit we should share their good deeds to prevent people from falling victim of spam. I saw someone who made a review about how she met this FX broker, who provide her with the best trading signals and I took the risk. I started with just $2000 to test the system, they help me trade with my deposit and after 7 working days I made a withdrawal of $20,300. I was so amazed with the profit earned, I told Mr Mark Toray I was gonna refer him and his company to a lot of friends, you can contact him for all FX trading needs via his email marktoray8@gmail.com or telegram @mark4toray_fx You will be glad you did it.