Posts

PIECES OF OUR PAST - A TIME OF CHANGE

IMAGES OF OUR PAST- WEST JACKSON STREET, DUBLIN, GA - 1949, 70 YEARS AGO - THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - GROUND BREAKING C&S BANK'S FIRST DRIVE IN AND PARKING LOT - SOUTH LAWRENCE STREET, DUBLIN, GA. 1964

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - C&S BANK, 200 WEST JACKSON STREET, LOBBY, DUBLIN, GEORGIA 1960S

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - ST. PATRICK'S PROCLAMATION SIGNED BY GEORGIA GOVERNOR AND FUTURE U.S. PRESIDENT, JIMMY CARTER

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - NASHVILLE TRUMPETER AND BAND LEADER DANNY DAVIS ARRIVES FOR ST. PATRICK'S FESTIVAL AND CONCERT, DUBLIN, GA. 1970S

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - R.F. DEESE FURNITURE COMPANY, CA. 1898, FORMERLY PART OF FARMERS AND MERCHANTS BANK, 123 WEST JACKSON ST.

IMAGES OF OUR CHURCH - FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DUBLIN, 1900, PRESERVED AND MOVED TO NORTH DECATUR TO BECOME THE SECOND AFRICAN AMERICAN OR SCOTTSVILLE, BAPTIST CHURCH, 1900.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - VIEW TO THE WEST FROM THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE, DUBLIN, GA 1900, HENRY BUILDING IS IN THE FOREGROUND.

PIECES OF OUR PAST - PEOPLE LIKE US - August 2019.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - THE LEITCH-STUBBS BUILDING SW CORNER OF SOUTH JEFFERSON AND WEST JACKSON STREET, FORMERLY MCLELLANS AND NOW CITITRENDS, DUBLIN, GA. 100

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - THE EMERALD CITY DRUG COMPANY - FORMERLY THE PEPPERCORN - WEST JACKSON STREET, DUBLIN, GA. 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - DUBLIN FURNITURE COMPANY - SCOTTSVILLE COMMUNITY - DUBLIN, GA. 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - W.B.F. DANIEL COTTON WAREHOUSE, WEST MADISON STREET, DUBLIN, GA. 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST- STORES OF J.E. SMITH, JR., SOUTH JEFFERSON STREET, LEON GREEN OFFICE AND COURIER HERALD "LANIER" BUILDING, SOUTH JEFFERSON STREET, DUBLIN, GA. 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - EVEN POLICE OFFICERS HAVE ACCIDENTS - SGT. DEWEY BAGGETT, DPD WAS ANSWERING A CALL WHEN HE ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE CAR BELOW MAKING IT THE FIRST DRIVE IN BANKING TRANSACTION FOR C&S BANK, AT 200 WEST JACKSON STREET, DUBLIN, GA. 1963

PIECES OF OUR PAST - LUTHER J. GLENN - A NOT SO ODD FELLOW

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - HENRY MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, NORTHWEST CORNER OF NORTH JEFFERSON STREET AND EAST COLUMBIA, DUBLIN, GA. 1900, NOW JEFFERSON STREET BAPTIST CHURCH

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - THE JACKSON STORES - SOUTH JEFFERSON ST., DUBLIN, GA. SOON TO BE THE SALTWATER FISHERY RESTAURANT

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - BROWN'S HORSE AND MULE STABLE - NORTH JACKSON ST., NORTH SIDE OF COURTHOUSE SQUARE - DUBLIN, GA. 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - THE HOOKS HOUSE, CENTRAL HOTEL, LATER THE HILTON HOTEL, LATER DUBLIN CITY HALL, RAZED 1960, NOW A PARKING LOT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE - DUBLIN, GA. PHOTO TAKEN 1900

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - JUDGE AND MRS. JOHN S. ADAMS HOME, LATER HOME OF LORD'S FUNERAL HOME, AND NOW THE HOME OF BILLY AND KITTY FLANDERS - BELLEVUE AVENUE, DUBLIN GA

IMAGES OF OUR PAST- OLD SUNBURY ROAD MARKER - U.S. HWY 319 NORTH, JOHNSON AND JEFFERSON COUNTY LINE

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - OLD BEASLEY HOME, BELOW SCOTT, GEORGIA, 1986, JOHNSON COUNTY, GEORGIA

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - KIGHT'S GROCERY - LOVETT, GEORGIA

PIECES OF OUR PAST - WHO WANTS ANOTHER RAILROAD?

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - CASH WHOLESALE COMPANY - MARTIN LUTHER KING PARKWAY, DUBLIN, GA.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - OLD BOATRIGHT HOME, CA. LATE 1800S, BOILING SPRINGS COMMUNITY

IMAGES OF OUR PAST- OLD POST OFFICE, BLACKVILLE, GA. 1888-1904, TREUTLEN COUNTY, GA.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - OLD "LYBRAND" HOUSE AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF OLD MACON ROAD AND GEORGIA HWY 338, CA. 1985, NOW RAZED

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - ORIGINAL DUBLIN TELEPHONE COMPANY FOUNDED BY W.W. BUSH, CA. 1903, EAST MADISON ST., DUBLIN, GA.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - THE BURCH BUILDING - EAST MADISON STREET, BUILT CA. 1913, ADJOINED THE OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING ON THE SOUTHWEST

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - MONTROSE LODGE F. & A.M., 499, MONTROSE, GA.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - CADWELL WATER TANK - CADWELL, GA.

IMAGES OF OUR PAST - RETURN HOME OF THE LOCAL GEORGIA GUARD UNIT, JULY 2010 - PHOTOS BY SCOTT B. THOMPSON, SR. DUBLIN, GA